Thursday, December 26, 2013

How to lower the CPU frequency when the phone is idle

Most of the times your phone is on idle state (it's working), but it's constantly spending battery working on maximum frequency of the CPU. So, to save battery and add battery time on our phone, we need to lower the frequency of the CPU when we're not using the phone.

So, we need to do this:

- Your phone has to be rooted! (view our tutorial!)
- Download & Install "No-frills CPU Control" on Play Store;
- Execute the app;
- Select the following on the app:
  • Max freq: 1,209Ghz
  • Min freq: 497 Mhz
  • Governor: ondemand
  • I/O scheduler: cfq
- Press the "apply on boot" button, and quit the app.
- You're DONE!

Now, your phone spends less battery when it's not in use!

6 comments:

  1. Did nt happen. My thl spends the battery in five hours top even if i do nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have your Wi-Fi / Data / GPS on? Do you have any apps running in background? Check your apps "in execution".

      Delete
  2. Without having anything on,so my phone is only for calls in standby mode with the screen off, my thl spends the battery in five hours. Its draining like i have the screen on and in maximum brigtness. I tried custom roms like thl w100 extreme, stefdios,lewa,umi port,w200 port and every rom from needrom but nothing change. I used apps or other tricks but no result. I think that may be hardware problem because my thl without reason starts to burn even if it is on standby mode. And the most serius is that if i have the fast power on from settings when i power off my thl in the night the morning has 20% battery from 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... that's tuff. Yes, it's got to be a hardware problem. Your phone is still under warranty? Go check it, and be sure you have a stock rom, so they won't notice you've been changing things. Keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. It is about to expire my warranty so i wont send it to china. I have been using three batteries and an outside battery charger that keeps my phone at a 15 hour autonomy. Thats my solution to the problem. I will even try a newest custom rom that may be will increase my autonomy. It s a good smartphone though and since it is my first android it opened a new world to me and incredible knowledge about android software, rooting, changing roms and other cool staff that i didnt know. Your job that you ve done is ausome for this phone. Keep doing it, spread the knowledge!

    ReplyDelete

Leave here your comment!
P.S: All of them will be reviewed.